Kings Food Markets announces changes in produce and floral management ranks
- April 18, 2017
Kings Food Markets, an upscale gourmet food market based in Parsippany NJ, with 25 stores in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut, announces several promotions to its executive, operations and merchant teams.
"Talented leadership is paramount to any company's success," Judy Spires, chairman and chief executive officer of Kings, said in a press release. "By promoting these key leaders within our company, and bringing in new, top-tier talent, Kings is further positioned for growth and inspiration, as we continue to push the boundaries within the food industry."
Among the changes at Kings are the promotion of Donna Mastellone to vice president of produce and floral. The 18-year Kings veteran will oversee the category management business plans for the produce and floral departments. She was most recently director of floral specialty boutique sales and merchandising.
Additionally, Paul Hamilton has been promoted to produce buyer, where he will work closely with the produce and floral teams to develop new programs and in-store experiences that will continue to evolve the produce and floral departments.
Michele Edwards, a 31-year veteran of Kings, has been promoted to floral buyer and will lead the buying efforts for the floral teams to ensure product mix and assortment meets customer needs.
Other leadership changes include the following:
- Daniel Gallagher joined Kings as executive vice president and chief financial officer. Gallagher comes to Kings with over 16 years' experience in senior level management positions as he will oversee the finance and loss prevention teams.
- Jessica Gasser has been promoted to executive vice president of strategic services. Gasser will continue to oversee the areas of human resources, labor relations and information technology, while taking on the additional responsibility for leading strategic initiatives for the company.
- Joseph Parisi has been promoted to senior vice president of operations. A 27-year Kings veteran, Parisi has held positions with increasing levels of responsibility, most recently as vice president of operations. In his new role, he will continue to oversee the operations team, as well as take on new leadership responsibilities.
- Arthur Goncalves has been promoted to vice president of center store, where he will oversee center store operations as well as pricing, brands and shelf management. Over the past 20 years, he has held various positions in the business, including general store manager, manager of category space allocation, manager of store development, director of seafood and most recently held the position of vice president of produce and floral.
- Allen Merken has been promoted to senior director, engineering, maintenance and construction. Merken will continue to oversee remodels and renovations. In his new role, he will support the company's growth plans through additional involvement in site selection, analysis and planning.
- Thomas McNerney has been promoted to senior director, operations. McNerney will oversee the operations and quality assurance departments.
- Kathe Benjamin has been promoted to director of human resources and labor relations. In her new role, Benjamin will oversee all aspects of human resources including recruitment and retention, employee/labor relations, training and performance management and compensation and benefits.