Kegel's Produce, a distributor and fresh-cut produce processor , celebrated its 65th anniversary April 17 with an open house at its headquarters facility in Lancaster, PA. The open house featured tours of the facility and vendors were on hand handing out samples of products.
In 1948, Earl P. Kegel opened at the Engleside building in Lancaster and began distributing produce to stands at Central Market and local grocery stores. In 1967, the business was moved to Mulberry Street and sold to its first restaurant customer, Lombardo's, which is still a customer today. In 2000, Earl P. Kegel Inc. became Kegel's Produce.
Through many expansions and changes, Kegel's Produce has been in its current facility, which comprises 99,000 square feet, since March of 2004, and business continues to grow, according to the company. While business has changed dramatically since 1948, Kegel's Produce remains steadfast in its philosophy that "Fresh is Best."